Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Vintage movie madness- A journey through Fairyland

Hey there Turnip chowderians!

I am here- back...sorta...I found another movie to watch!

Sanrio's (yes..that sanrio) "A journey through fairyland"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/09/A_Journey_Through_Fairyland_VideoCover.jpg

I used to see this commerical On one of my old VHS's and I always wanted to see it... well I finally found a vhs at a resale shop...Didnt think I ever would!

Released way back in 1985..Its older than ME! WOW....Its a fantasia-like story about a boy who loves to Garden more than he loves to play his Oboe- and this gets him into trouble since he continuously is late for class. And messes up when playing..

though this isnt to say hes not any good- he just doesnt seem to be good under pressure- because he is in fact a very good musician when its just him and the flowers.

Anyway..one night he falls asleep in the garden, and hes woken up by Florence- a flower fairy..she basically flirts with him, and he follows her to flowerland after getting kicked out of the academy... where Treble tries to get him back into music, cuddle things try to hug him to death...more flowers make out with him...and theres something about a magic wand?

All of it (minus a few narrative bits) are set to classical music- again like fantasia- And I admit- upon writing this review I havent even fiinished the movie yet..and im not sure where Im at in it as I havent seen it before now.

But I can tell you at least it is an enjoyable romp into something fantastical...The animation isnt bad..the storylines not bad either- and if you enjoy looking at old cartoons for what they are and want something nice to look up at every so often while you work this is the movie for you.

It doesnt challenge you, doesnt ask you for anything- and really its pretty good, for its age.

I like it.

but thats me.

Give it a chance at least ^^

~Kid


No comments:

Post a Comment